WARNING:PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT PHOTOS AND MY OTHER INFORMATION RE WINTERHAVEN KENNELS THAT IS ON MY WEBSITE HAS BEEN STOLEN BY A SCAM OPERATION CALLING THEMSELVES MARIAH POM PETS. THEY HAVE TAKEN OTHER INFORMATION FROM 20 OTHER DIFFERENT SITES. THEY TAKE YOUR DEPOSITS, USING OTHER BREEDERS PHOTOS AND INFORMATION AND YOU NEVER GET A DOG OR HEAR FROM THEM. THEY ARE ADVERTISING MANY BREEDS AVAILABLE. SCAM NO PHONE NUMBER BUT HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS AND WEBSITE WWW.MARIAHPOMPETSHOME.NET DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THESE TYPE OF PEOPLE. THE INTERNET IS A WONDERFUL TOOL BUT IT CAN ALSO BE A MINEFIELD OF FRAUD AND CONFUSION.
ANOTHER SCAMMER WHO IS ADVERTISING POMERANIAN/HUSKY ON HTTPS://POMERANIAN-HUSKY.COM LIST OF POMERANIAN BREEDERS. THEY HAVE NEVER BE GIVEN ANY PERMISSION TO USE PHOTOS OR ANY INFO ON MY WEBSITE AND YET THEY HAVE STOLEN ALMOST WORD FOR WORD WHAT I DO HAVE ON MY WEBSITE. I HAVE REQUESTED THEY THEY REMOVE THIS INFO BUT AS YET I STILL SEE IT. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THESE TERRIBLE SCAMMERS. TO PURCHASE A POMERANIAN FROM A NOVICE OPENS YOU TO THE PROBLEMS THAT OFTEN EXIST WHEN THERE IS A GENERAL LACK OF KNOWLEDGE.
SOME TIPS TO SPOT THE SCAMMERS would be advertising TEACUP POMERANIANS, (NO REPUTABLE BREEDER would use that terminology) to describe the tiny Pomeranians they have. Also photos of Pomeranian puppies with flat faces and HUGE EYES! These are photshopped and do not exist in real life.
A trick used by SCAMMERS is to advertise a super low price-often not much above the shipping costs for a puppy, much less enough to cover the Veterinary Checks and Treatments that need to be given before a puppy can be safely sent to it's new home.
Another trick used by the SCAMMERS is to use STOLEN PHOTOS from Show Breeders Websites and Facebook. If the breeder cannot send a picture of the SAME PUPPY or validate their ancestors show awards such as AKC OR CKC CHAMPION CERTIFICATES, then they are most likely a SCAMMER or a breeder of poor quality Pomeranians.
Breeders who claim to have knowledge of the Pomeranian breed will be able to document that knowledge. They will have produced Champions or be working toward that goal, and will have a long-term commitment toward producing healthy, beautiful, sound and intelligent Pomeranians. That is the goal of every responsible breeder. We NOT THE SCAMMERS are the experts-THE LONG-TIME SHOW BREEDERS with real knowledge of and experience in this breed!
Thank You for adding a Quality WINTERHAVEN POMERANIAN into your life and home. Excellence is Winterhaven's Standard when offering our puppies. For my contract only please see Purchasre Contract & click on the PDF Icon. It is also on the following pages.
Please always remember that this Pomeranian will be Your Friend, Your Defender, Your Faithful Dog. You are this Pomeranin's Life, his/her Love, his/her Leader. The Pomeranian you take home will be Yours to his/her's last beat of its heart. You Owe it to him/her to be worthy of such dedication.
WE ARE PROUD TO SHARE OUR BEAUTIFUL PUPPIES THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE TO GO TO NEW HOMES. Please see OUR AVAILABLE PUPPIES AND ADULTS listed BELOW MY CONTRACT for litters that are due to be born and those that may be ready to leave plus our important information.
WE ARE A REGISTERD KENNEL WHICH IS INSPECTED EVERY YEAR PLUS WE DO PASS A POLICE CHECK EVERY THREE YEARS REQUESTED BY THE TOWNSHIP TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE DEALING WITH SAFE AND RESPONSIBLE PEOPLE HERE AT WINTERHAVEN.
As of 2021 I am a Member in good standing for 31 years with The Canadian Kennel Club. A Member and Director of The Pomeranian Club of Canada, and past member of The Pomeranian Club of Ontario.
I do strive to breed to exceptional bloodlines and I am very fortunate to have acquired outstanding breeding Pomeranians that are representive of the Breed Standard.
Before I breed any of my Pomeranians I look at each dog to evaluate the good attributes as well as the bad. I find that Line Breeding is very important to stamp in type, movement, hips, temperment, good head, eyes, great bone and genetic inheretance such as bite, ears, correct double coat as well as soundness, correct structure, style and showmanship.
It is incredibly important to know what faults, weakness and strengths each dog produces.
A great deal of love, time, effort, other breeder's quality bloodlines, money & more expense showing these precious Pomeranians have all helped to continue to improve my lines. Indeed this is not a part time job or little effort.
All our Pomeranians are Registered with the Canadian Kennel Club, Vet checked and kept up to date on all their shots and health care.
Correct Conformation and Superb Temperment is a must and our Pomeranian's deep rich coats are indeed beautiful.
We do NOT SELL OR BREED ANY OTHER BREED OF DOGS.
WE DO NOT ALLOW ANY OF OUR INFORMATION TO BE USED ON ANY OTHER BREEDERS WEBSITES WITHOUT PERMISSION OR INFORMATION OR ADVERTISING SITES.
WE ONLY BREED CANADIAN KENNEL CLUB REGISTERED POMERANIANS. NO MIXED BREEDS.
We are NOT A BOARDING KENNEL. However we will will be pleased to care for Pom puppies or adults that we have placed while their owners are travelling or direct you to a good boarding kennel.
Winterhaven Studs are not available for public stud services but their puppies are available to approved loving homes only ON A NON BREEDING CONTRACT.
WINTERHAVEN is proud to have placed the titles of CHAMPION/GRAND CHAMPION ON THE FOLLOWING POMERANIANS:
1. CANADIAN CHAMPION WINTERHAVEN'S TIMBITS IMAGE- SOLD
2. CANADIAN CHAMPION WINTERHAVEN'S SONG FOR SUGARLAMB- SOLD
3. CANADIAN CHAMPION WINTERHAVEN'S MAKIN It HAPPEN- SOLD
4. CANADIAN CHAMPION WINTERHAVEN R LOVE AFFAIR- SOLD
5. CANADIAN CHAMPION DAYSTAR NOT THE BOSS OF ME- SOLD
6. CANADIAN CHAMPION DAYSTAR KURSDA RAGS TO RICHES-also pointed in the US- DECEASED
7. CANADIAN and AMERICAN CHAMPION DAYSTAR BAREFOOT IN THE PARK- DECEASED
8. CANADIAN and AMERICAN CHAMPION POMHAVEN THE HEAT IS ON- DECEASED
9. CANADIAN and AMERICAN CHAMPION POMHAVEN THE BEAT GOES ON WINS BEST BRED BY-DECEASED
10.CANADIAN CHAMPION POMHAVEN MOON SHADOW- SOLD
11.CANADIAN CHAMPION DAYSTAR PENNY LANE-also pointed in the US- SOLD
12.CANADIAN CHAMPION POMHAVEN JUST DO IT-also pointed in the US- DECEASED
WINTERHAVEN LIL CHANTILLY LACE - pointed in Canada- SOLD
WINTERHAVEN THE ULTIMATE FANCY-pointed in Canada- SOLD
WiINTERHAVEN JUSTANUF-pointed in Canada- SOLD
13.CANADIAN CHAMPION WINTERHAVEN THE LADIES MAN - MULTI WINS over SPECIALS and MULTI BEST BRED BY WINS
14.CANADIAN CHAMPION DRU'S DREAM SENSATION won MULI PUPPY GROUPS as a Senior Puppy-SOLD
WINTERHAVEN HOW TO IMPRESS-pointed in Canada-SOLD
15.CANADIAN CHAMPION DRU'S WAIT AND C AT WINTERHAVEN WINING A GROUP 3 AND PUPPY GROUP SOLD And WON in 2019 at 7 yrs old her CKC RALLY TITLE with her new owner!!!!
16.CANADIAN CHAMPION DRU'S BRAND NEO BEGINNINGS-SOLD
17.CANADIAN CHAMPION WINTERHAVEN GUY SETS THE BEAT- MULTI WINS over SPECIALS- SOLD
WINTERHAVEN LORINDA'S OWN BEAT- pointed in Canada-SOLD
18.CANADIAN CHAMPION WINTERHAVEN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER-MULTI WINS
19.CANADIAN CHAMPION WINTERHAVEN IM THE MAN - SOLD
20.CANADIAN CHAMPION WINTERHAVEN CHASIN DREAMS-MULTI PUPPY GROUP WINS- SOLD
21.CANADIAN CHAMPION WINTERHAVEN MAN ABOUT TOWN wins over two Special, becomes a Special & wins
22.CANADIAN CHAMPION WINTERHAVEN WISH UPON A STAR STARTED HIS SHOW CAREER BY WINNING BEST BRED BY EXHIBITOR IN SHOW UNDER RESPECTED JUDGE MR. PAUL JEAN KERIHUEL. His first week out at 10 months old and kept winning until his Championship.
23.CANADIAN CHAMPION PINECREST NO SHRINKING VIOLET-I was very plesed to to have the fun of showing Violet who HAS BEAUTIFUL MOVEMENT-owner Catherine Bolahood.
WINTERHAVEN CHESADORABLE -first show at 7 months 2 point win. SOLD
24.CANADIAN CHAMPION POMHAVEN'S SHOGUN WARRIOR winning a GROUP 4TH and his Championship his 2nd show out.
25. MULTI. BEST PUPPY IN GROUP BEST BABY PUPPY IN SHOW CANADIAN GRAND CHAMPION WINTERHAVEN R IMPRESSIVE BARRON
26.CANADIAN CHAMPION POMYWOODS PERFECT PERFECTION-first time out at six months and finished in one week! SOLD
WINTERHAVEN LOVE HAS NO LIMITS POINTED IN CANADA
27.CANADIAN CHAMPION WINTERHAVEN UNFORGETABLE AVA STARTED BY WINNING MULITI BABY PUPPY SHOWS and finished her Championship in no time.
28.CANADIAN CHAMPION PINECREST IMPOSSIBLE TO IGNORE "Raeylnn" fiished at 11 month old and owned by Sandra Beisel.
WINTERHAVEN AGAINST ALL ODDS " Spirit" -needs 4 points to finish her Championship.
29. CANADIAN CHAMPION POMHAVEN'S A GOLDEN DREAM-SOLD
OUR CHAMPIONS CAN BE SEEN ON MY WEBSITE www.winterhaven.ca UNDER OUR STUDS & OUR GIRLS AND THEIR NAMES.
PHOTOS OF AVAILABLE PUPPIES AND ADULTS ARE SENT TO SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY BUT I PERFER TO HAVE PEOPLE SEE THE PUPPIES.
OUR BEAUTIFUL COATED REGISTERED POMERANIAN PUPPIES AND ADULTS BRED WITH CARE PROVIDING WONDERFUL PEDIGREES ARE AVAILABLE TO APROVED HOMES ONLY.
WINTERHAVEN NON BREEDING CONTRACT POMERANIANS ARE $4,500.00 INCLUDING TAX FOR MALES OR FEMALES.
MY PRICES ARE NOT NEGOTIABLE. SPAY AND NEUTER IS AT THE NEW OWNERS COST. SEE AVAILABLE POMERANIAN LIST BELOW MY CONTRACT.
WE ARE EXPECTING PUPPIES LATE JULY-PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT UNTIL AUGUST WHEN WE KNOW THAT ALL ARE DOING WELL. THANK YOU.
NOTE: OUR NON BREEDING PURCHASE CONTRACT WHICH YOU MUST READ, AGREE AND SIGN WHEN YOU PURCHASE A WINTERHAVEN PUPPY. PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE CONTACT TO PICK UP YOUR PUPPY.
7240 Second Line
R.R. #3 Arthur, Ontario NOG !AO
Agreement of Sale For NON BREEDING Pet Puppy:
Breeder: Sandra Beisel
The purchaser, as listed above, on the ____day of _____2021 have purchased a ________ Pomeranian for the sum of $ .The puppy is purebred and will be registered with The Canadian Kennel Club. This puppy is the progeny of:
Sire: CKC #_______________________Name:________________________________________
Puppy Date of Birth: ______________________________________
Dam: CKC# ______________________________________Name:_________________________
This Puppy is the result of careful and thoughtful breeding using excellent bloodlines.The puppy has had a thorough Veterinary examination and is guaranteed to be in good health upon leaving this kennel.
The Purchaser may take the puppy to a Veterinarian of their choice within 72 hours of depature from this kennel. If for any serious health reason the Veterinarian is not satisified with the puppy other than documented on health record: the puppy may be returned with veterinary documentation and the puppy must be in the same condition and returned at the purchaser's expense within the 72 hours of departure; for a replacement puppy.
The Purchaser accepts full responsibility for any and all veterinary expense after their departure from this kennel including the 72 hour veterinary check.
Winterhaven Kennels Guarantees to the age of three years the following:
Genetic Heart Defects
Winterhaven Kennels Does Not Guarantee The Following:
Behavioral Problems or Personality Traits Not Associated with Temperament, Coat, Size, Weight, Color, Trainability.
Winterhaven Kennels does not gurantee Hypoglycemia. Puchaser acknowledges that they have been provided information and concerns have been satisfactorily addressed by the breeder. This information is on my website www.winterhaven.ca as well as in this contract.
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) IN SMALL DOGS. This is a central nervous system disorders caused by low blood sugar. It occurs in Toy Breeds between 6 and 12 weeks of age, althought it can also occur in older animals. Often it is preciipilated by stress and not eating enough. The first signs are listlesness and depression followed by musxular weakness, temors, later convulations ,coma and death. Pay attention and get to know your dog as the entire seqence is not always seen. The dog may appear to be depressed or weak, wobbly and jerky or the puppy may be found in a coma & death.
Hypoglycemia can occur when a pupy is placed in a new home or when being shipped. It could be due to a missed meal, or pehaps gets a chill, becomes exhausted from too much playing or has a digestive upset.
TREATMENT: Restore blood levelsof glucose, begin at once. Prolonged or repeated attacks can cause permament damage to the brain. If the puppy is awake give Kako Syrup, honey or Nutri-Cal by mouth. You should begin to see improvement in 30 miinutes. If unconcious, CALL & HEAD TO A VET A ONCE-a puppy will have to be given a dextrose solution intravenously. It may be necessary to treat for swelling of the brain.
Prevent recurance attacks by feeding a high quaility diet & add Nutri-Cal. Make sure your puppy has food available at all times & gets to eat very few hours. Owners of Toy Breeds should not let anyone over tire the puppy. Children should be made aware that this is a live baby & needs to ge gently cared for.
There is No Guarantee Against Accidents once this puppy leaves Winterhaven Kennels.
In the event that one of the guarenteed heredity issues should arise and the puppy shows clinical signs and is unable to meet the demands of a pet dog before the age of three years; and suitable evidence has been provided; and all the conditions in this agreement have been ahered to by the purchaser; the dog may be returned to the breeder in good clean condition along with executed registeration papers at the purchaser's expense; or the purchaser may choose to keep the dog depending upon the serverity of the condition and the wishes of the purchaser, a replacement puppy may be provided from the next comparable litter or a full or partial refund will be provided by the breeder.
For the purpose of the contract "suitable evidence" shall mean; a second opinion from the breeder's choice of Veterinarian, the dogs entire medical history will be provided to the breeder and her choice of Veterinarian.
This is a NON BREEDING CONTRACT
The Registration Paper will be stated as such by The Canadian Kennel Club and mailed to the purchaser. Neutering/Spaying of this Pomeranian is the purchaser's cost and responsibility and should be done by 12 months of age.
The breeder Sandra Beisel requests that the new owners continue with the food provided and Immume System Supplement the puppy has been raised on and which we have provided for you and to continue Veterinary care for vaccinations and care of teeth.
The contract states:
1. The purchaser agrees to provide quality nutrition and medical care. The dog will have annual veterinary examinations and regular vaccinations. The purchaser will keep the dog well groomed which includes brushing, trimming nail and dental care.
2. The purchaser agrees if the dog food is changed the breeder should be consulted.
3.The purchaser agrees that the dog will never be undern or over weigh. Correct nutrition and weight are crucial to the health and development of the dog.
4. This guarantee does not include dogs who have been excessively worked at a young age or dogs that have been excessively crated.
5. The purchaser agreed to have the dog spayed/neutered by the age of 12 months. The purchaser will supply a copy of the spay/neuter certificate. Failure to spay/neuter the dog and provide the certificate to the breeder will result in a $15000.00 fine. This puppy is specifically sold as a non breeding house pet. Should the dog be bred, accidentally or purposely the $15000.00 will be immediately payable to the breeder and all the puppies will be the property of the breeder.
6. Should the breeder ever secure the dog from a dog pound or any other means due to lack of supervision: the dog will become the poperty of the breeder. The purchaser agrees to never tie or chain the dog to a fixed object and the dog will not be required to live outdoors.
7. The purchaser agrees to use a "walking harness".
8. The purchaser agrees to items one to seven in order to ensure the dog's physical and emotional well-being.
9. The purchaser agreed that if for any reason, the purchaser guarantees the breeder "first right of refusal". The terms for the first right of refuslal shall be that compensation will not be more than the original purchase price of the dog and the original purchase price shall decline at the rate of $1000.00 dollars for the first year or any portion therof any subsequent year's compensation will decline at the rate of $600.00 per year or any portion therof payable upon resale. Under no circumstance may this dog be rehomed without the express, written consent of the breeder. Canadian Kennel Club Registration and the guarantee are non-transferable in the event "first Right of Refusal" is breached by the purchaser.
Upon sighing this agreement: the purchaser agrees to have read and to have understood and have agreed to all aspects and conditions of this agreement. The purchaser further agrees that any disputes will be settled in the Town of Arthur in Ontario this _________day the year of ________
This contract is for the mutual benefit to protect you as well as us. This contract represnts the entire agreement between the parties. No other agreement or promises, verbal or implies are included unless specifically stated herein.
AVAILABLE PUPPIES AND ADULTS:
PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT WE DO NOT TAKE ANY PAYMENTS OR MAKE ANY PROMISES UNTIL OUR BABIES ARE VET CHECKED, HAVE A MICROCHIP AND FIRST SET OF SHOTS. OUR MALE AND FEMALE PUPPIES ARE $4,500.00 ON A NONBREEDING CONTRACT ONLY.
WE HOPE TO HAVE AVAILABLE PUPPIES IN AUGUST 2021 AND WILL POST WHEN THEY ARE AVAILABLE.
It has been proven that dogs are beneficial in prisons, hospitals, institutions, visitation in nursing homes, during counselling secsions and in child treatment centres. Dogs make us feel like them..... SPECIAL, we feel calm and they give us much needed joy and confidence. Growing up with animals have taught many lessons including responsibility, empathy and creeativity.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A TEACUP POODLE. THERE ARE 3 SIZES: TOY, MINIATURE AND STANDARD.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A TEACUP CHIHUAHUA. THERE ARE 2 VARIETES: SMOOTH COAT AND LONG COAT. YO QUIERO, TACO BELL.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A TEACUP YORKIE. THE BREED STANDARD IS 7LBS. IF IT IS LARGER THAN THAT IT IS SIMPLY A BIGGER YORKIE.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A TEACUP OR MINI POMERANIAN. IT IS A TOY BREED WITH A BREED STANDARD OF 3-7LBS. IT IS A POMERANIAN PERIOD.
THERE IS NO TEACUP ANYTHING EXCEPT FOR A TEACUP-WHICH YOU DRINK TEA OUT OF.
DEAR PUPPY BUYER,
AS A DOG BREEDER, ANIMAL HEALTH IS MY TOP PRIORITY. THAT'S WHY NUVET PLUS IMMUNE SYSTEM BUILDER IS REQUIRED AS PART OF YOUR PET'S HEALTH GUARANTEE. TO INSURE YOUR PUPPY GETS OFF TO THE RIGHT START, THEY HAVE BEEN ENJOYING NUVET PLUS EVERY DAY AS A TREAT (THEY LOVE THE TASTE). CONTINUING THIS DAILY REGIMEN IS THE EASIEST AND BEST WAY TO KEEP YOUR PET ON THE PATH TO PERFECT HEALTH.
HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOGS AND CATS ARE USING NUVET PLUS TO SUPPORT THEIR IMMUNE SYSTEM AND PROVIDE OPTIMAL HEALTH. A STRONG IMMUNE SYSTEM WILL PROTECT THEM FROM ENVIRONMENTAL AND FOOD TOXINS SUCH AS BACK YARD PESTICIDES, HORMONES, GERMS FROM PUBLIC PLACES, AND EVEN TOXIC FORMALDEHYDE IN FURNITURE AND CARPETING,
THIS IS NOT A VITAMIN. IT IS A IMMUNE SYSTEM BUILDER WITH A PRECISE BALANCE OF VITAMINS, MINERALS, OMAGA FATTY ACIDS AND HIGH POTENCY ANTIOXIDANTS. THAT IS WHY IT WORKS SO WELL THROUGH ALL THREE STAGES OF A DOGS LIFE.
* FOR PUPPIES-FILLS THE IMMUNITY GAP ALL PUPPIES EXPERIENCE SHORTLY AFTER BIRTH MATERNAL ANTIBODY EFFECTIVNESS IS GREATLY REDUCED. BY 8 WEEKS YOUR PUPPY'S IMMUNE SYSTEM IS AT A VULNERABLE POINT. ONCE IN THEIR NEW HOME, THE IMMUNE SYSTEM IS WEAKENED BY THE STRESS OF ADOPTION AND EXPOSURE TO NOVEL BACTERIA AND VIRUSES IN THEIR ENVIROMNMENT. THIS IS ALSO WHEN THE VACCINE SERIES IS STARTED. VACCINES ARE MOST EFFECTIVE IF THE IMMUNE SYSTEM CAN RESPOND PROPERLY. STARTING NUVET PLUS NOW IS IMPORTANT TO HELPING YOUR PUPPY GROW INTO A HEALTHY ADULT.
*FOR DOGS IN THEIR PRIME-IMPROVES THE LUSTER OF THEIR SKIN AND COAT WHILE PROVIDING THE NECESSARY ANTIOXIDENTS, AMINO ACIDS, VITAMINS AND MORE TO SUSTAIN THEIR BODY'S PEAK PERFORMANCE DURING THE PRIME OF THEIR LIVES.
*FOR OLDER DOGS-HELPS PROVIDE THE NUTRITIONAL REQUIREMENTS TO HELP THEM LIVE LONG HAPPY AND PRODUCTIVE LIVES IN THEIR SENIOR YEARS.
NUVET PLUS IS NOT AVAILABLE IN STORES, AND IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC WITH AN ORDER CODE FROM AN AUTHORIZED PET PROFESSIONAL.
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, YOU MAY ORDER DIRECTLY FROM THE MANUFACTURER BY CALLING 1-800-747-7044 AND USING ORDER CODE 77057 SAVE AN ADDITIONAL 15% AND ASSURE YOU NEVER RUN OUT OF NUVET PLUS BY CHOOSING THE "AUTO SHIP" OPTION AT CHECKOUT. PLEASE ORDER PRIOR TO PICKING UP YOUR PUPPY. Thank You, Sandra Beisel
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR CONTACTING ME, OUR POMERANIANS ARE VERY LOVELY AND I WISH I COULD SHARE EVEN MORE BABIES AND OLDER TREASURES WITH MOST OF YOU BUT WE DO SELECT BREEDINGS- QUALITY NOT QUANITY. DO PLEASE KEEP A CHECK FOR MY NEW POSTINGS.
WINTERHAVEN PUPPIES are Mico-chipped,Wormed,treated with Revolution and Examined by our Veterinarian for the following: General Appearance, Skin/Integument, Musculosketal, Digestive, Respiratory, Circulatory, Weight, Ears, Eyes, Nervous System, Lymph Nodes, Clef Pallet, Patellas, Hernias, Heart Murmer, Normal Jaw Alignment and Testicles.
Each puppy will have:
Its first set of Vaccinations
The new owner will have all Vet records
Puppies will be started with pee pads/newspaper training
They leave with Royal Canin Dog Food food that the puppy is use to and Coupons for more food
Dental Treats from our Vet for their teeth
Samples of NuVet Immune System Supplement and information
A New Toy
A Blanket that he/she has slept on
A 6 week Pet Plan Insurance Policy
A Book on Care, Nutrition, Training, Health Care and First Aid.
We are always available to answer any questions concerning your new puppy.
For continued good health we do advise new owners to continue to feed Royal Canin Dog Food. We do not Guarantee Coats or Temperments. Our Pomeranians leave here with correct coats and wonderful temperments, however we have found that some people feed and care for the puppies different from what they are use to which can create changes in coats & temperments. Please be careful and do not feed treats or food from China, keep all meds out of reach as well as garbage & unsafe toys.
GREAT CARE HAS BEEN TAKEN TO PRODUCE A HEALTHY AND SOUND TEMPERMERMENT POMERANIAN HERE AT WINTERHAVEN BY STUDYING AND CHOOSING THE VERY BEST BLOODLINES AVAILABLE. PROPER NUTRITION, NOT CHEAP FOOD, VET CARE, SHOW COSTS AND ENDLESS HOURS OF CARE FOR PARENTS AND THEIR BABIES. It may be easier to find a cheaper puppy but you may also end up with horrible Vet costs and heartache.
OUR OUALITY PET POMERANIANS FROM CHAMPION PARENTS AND WITH CHAMPION BLOODLINES IN THEIR PEDIGREES ARE EVALUATED AND PRICED ACCORDINGLY TO GO TO THE BEST HOMES POSSIBLE. OUR PET PUPPIES ARE $4500.00 FOR MALES AND FEMALES BOTH ON NON BREEDING CONTRACTS. PRICES ARE NOT NEGOTIABLE.
IF TEETH CLEANING FOR OLDER POMERANIANS, SPAY OR NEUTERING ARE DONE WITH MY VET THERE WILL BE VET COSTS ADDED. WE HAVE DONE EVERYTING POSSIBLE TO ENSURE OUR POMERANIANS ARE HEALTHY AND HAPPY ONCE YOU LEAVE WITH YOUR NEW PUPPY OR ADULT IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND COST TO CARE FOR THE PUPPIES/ADULTS INCLUDING TEETH, SPAY OR NEUTER.
THE PUPPY IS OLD ENOUGH TO LEAVE AT 9 TO 10 WEEKS OF AGE. PAYMENT DUE WHEN PUPPY IS PICKED UP. NO VISA OR CHEQUES. CASH PAYMENTS ONLY.
YOU WILL ALSO RECIEVE A SAMPLE AND INFORMATION OF NUVET PLUS PLUS WHICH ALL OUR POMERANIANS ARE ON TO INSURE THEIR IMMUNE SUPPORT SYSTEM AFTER LEAVING THEIR MOTHERS. iT IS AN ALL NATURAL HUMANE-GRADE INGREDIENTS. YOU CAN ORDER NUVET PLUS BEFORE YOU GET YOUR PUPPY TO CONTINUE THROUGOUT HIS LIFE BY CALLING 1-800-474-7044 ORDER CODE 77057. iT WILL ARRIVE TO YOUR HOME AND PAYMENT WILL BE MADE DIRECTLY TO NUVET PLUS.
We do ship our Pomeranian but perfer someone travel onboard with the puppy not by cargo and not in the winter or high tempertures. Flight Bookings, Crate and Travel Cost to Airport are extra. To ship to the US puppies must be 4 months of age and have had their Rabies shots.
SHOW POMERANIANS are much desired and we will be pleased to discuss their possibilities and price.
Occasionally we have "retired" Poms available on a non breeding contract. Prices range from $1500.00 and up. Our retired Pom's ages range from 5 to 9 years old. All our Poms are Vet Checked and up to dates on Vaccinations, Micro-chipped and Registered with CKC, but some may need another cleaning of teeth. Teeth cleaning can be done with my Vet if you wish at Vet costs paid by you.
I look forward to meeting you, sharing, and showing you my wonderful friends/treasures and helping you find your forever puppy or older companion. Our time spent with our Poms is 24/7 - we will return your calls and emails as soon as possible.
I love my little puppy: she makes my house a home.
She is my very sweetest little friend: I never feel alone.
She makes me smile: She makes me laugh: She fills my heart with love..
Did some person breed her, or did she fall from above?
I've never been a breeder, never seen life through their eyes:
I hold my little puppy and just sit and criticize.
I'v never know their anguish: I've never felt their pain, the caring of their charges, through snow or wind or rain.
I've never waited the whole night through for babies to be born.
The stress and trepidation when they're still not there by morn.
The weight of responsibility for this body in my hands, this darling little baby, who weighs but 60 grams.
Should you do that instead of this...or maybe that was wrong?
Alone you fight and hope , one day he'll grow up proud and strong.
You pray he'll live to bring great joy to someone else's home.
You know it's all just up to you: you'll fight this fiight alone.
Formula, bottles, heating pads, you've got to get this right.
Two- hour feedings for this tiny guy, throughtout the day and night.
Within your heart you dread that you will surley lose this fight.
To save this little baby, but God.....you just MIGHT.
Day one: he's in there fighting: you say a silent prayer.
Day two and three, he's doing well, with lots of love and care.
Day four and five....he's still alive, your hopes soar to the heavens.
Day six he slips away again, dies in your hands, day seven.
You take this little angel, and bury him alone.
With aching heart and burning tears, and an exhausted groan,
You ask yourself, "Why do this?....Why suffer through this pain?
Yet watch the joy your puppies bring, and everything's explained.
So when you think of breeders and label them with "Greed".
Think of all that they endure to fill another's need.
For when you buy your puppy, with your precious dollars part, you only pay with money....while they pay with all their heart......Author Unknown.
AVOID any products containing artificial ingredients, colors or chemicial preservatives like BHA and BHT-they have been linked to cancer. Artificial ingredients are not recoginized by the body as food and may cause digestive upset or other problems.
WATCH your puppy/adult dog eat the treat to avoid any chocking.
AVOID RAWHIDE TREATS-they can cause intestinal blockage and contain toxic chemicals from their processing. Treats made or sourced in CHINA should be avoided due to the history of questionable products coming from that region. Treats made with added synthatic vitamins and minerals may end up ingesting too high of a particular nutrient and that can be toxic. Treats containing Oil of Oregano has a natural antibiotic that can aid in destroying bacteria leading to dental plaque, gingivitis, and pernodontitis. Here at WINTERHAVEN our Poms get Hills Dental Care t/d small bites from our Vet. They look like round balls and all our Poms love them.
HOUSE TRAINING A PUPPY DEPENDS ON YOUR COMMITMENT TO THE FIRST 4-5 DAYS. No puppy is stupid or dirty. It is YOU who must take responsibility from the very begining. Take a puppy as soon as he/she awakens-speak softly and reasuring , ignore any wet spots, do not scold the puppy-it does absolutely NO GOOD. Quietly but quickly pick the puppy up and carry him directly from the crate or pen to THE SAME POTTY PLACE inside or outside every time. Do this first thing in the morning and make it the last thing at night you do before going to bed. You must also take him out or put the puppy in an xpen set up with a pee pad that he can use after play or eating. Naps, play, eating all stimulates the bladder and bowel. Puppies like children have multiple bowel movements in a day. Don't distract the puppy until he has taken time to sniff around for that perfect spot to finally go. When the puppy is almost done praise him/her with excitment in your voice telling them what a good puppy you are.
Puppies learn quickly. Consistent training will be a blessing when its raining or stormy. Let the puppy explore, play in the yard then put him back in his xpen with bed, give him/her favorite toy and let him relax or go to sleep. This will also teach them they can be seperate from you. Remember a puppy cannot hold it all day-plan how you will allow the puppy to empty his bowel and bladder while you are away.
It is a lot of responsibility, you are creating a lifetime of care and personal comfort for this little puppy -its a lot harder to train PEOPLE to do exactly what you want!!!
Before you take your puppy or adult home it is very important to do the following:
* Keep all household cleaners and chemicals out of any animals reach.
* Remember that Poinsettias, Azaleas, Rhododendrons, Dumb Cane, Japanese Yew, Oleander, Pine Cones and English Ivy are dangerous to dogs.
* Store breakable items out of reach.
* Hide or cover electrical cords so they cannot be chewed.
* Antifreeze, Engine Oil, Laundry Detergents, Lawn Chemicals and some Mulch can kill your pets.
* Macadamia Nuts, Onions, Chocolate, Coco, Rasins, Grapes and Avocadoes can be fatal to your pet.
* Keep children's toys off the floor-some small parts may be swallowed by your dog.
* Use a cover and/or protective fencing if you have a pool or hot tub. Puppies can squeeze through small openings.
* Never give ice water or ice for dogs to chew on. This can cause muscle spasm in the stomach or bloat both painful and possible death.
Be aware of Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) in small breed dogs. This is a central nervous system disorders caused by low blood sugar. It occurs mainly in toy breeds between 6 and 12 weeks of age, although it can also occur in older animals. Often it is precipitated by stress, not eating enough.
The first signs are listlessness and depression, followed by musxular weakness, tremors, later convulations, coma and death. Pay attention and get to know your dog as the entire sequence is not always seen. The dog may appear to be depressed or weak, wobbly and jerky or the puppy may be found in a coma.
Hypoglycenmia can occur without warning when a puppy is placed in a new home, or when being shipped. It could be due to a puppy missing a meal, or perhaps gets a chill, becomes exhausted from too much playing or has a digestive upset.
Puppies that are weaned on rice and hamburger are more likely to develop hypoglycemia. This diet is deficient in certain ingredients needed to sustain the liver. Your Breeder should give advice on feeding your new puppy & supply you with some feed that your puppy is use to eating.
TREATMENT: Restore blood levels of glucose, begin at once. Prolonged or repeated attacks can cause permanent damage to the brain. If the puppy is awake, give Karo syrup, honey, or Nutri-Cal by mouth. You should begin to see improvement in 30 minutes. If unconscious, a puppy will have to be given a dextrose solution intravenously. It may be necessary to treat for swelling of the brain. If unconscious CALL and head to your Veterinarian AT ONCE.
Prevent recurrence attacks by feeding a high quality kibble diet and add Nutri-Cal. Make sure your puppy has food available & gets to eat every few hours. Owners of Toy Breed Puppies should not let anyone over tire the puppy. Children should be made aware that this is a live baby & needs to be gently cared for.
You should have stainless steel water and feed bowls that do not tip over for your new puppy. Take your puppy to be fitted for a safe harness and lead. A brush and comb, safe toys. A dog bed for sleeping at night, a crate for travelling. Buy an xpen for a safe place for your puppy to be while you are busy or dog gate to prevent the puppy from being near stairs or other harmful places.
Normal Healthy pets are alert, curious & responsive. If a pet is depressed, response is slow to sight or touch stimulation or relucent to move CALL/HEAD TO Your VET.
Signs are loss of skin elastricty. The longer the skin takes to spring back to the body the more the dehydration. If the gums in the dogs mouth feel sticky it needs attention quickly. If the GUMS are DRY/PALE it is CRITICAIL-Get to a VET.
Your dogs gums should be a healthy pink. Pale to white gums-MEANS SHOCK- Get to a VET. Blue gums-sufforation-Get to a VET. Bright Cherry Red gums-Carbon Monoxiade Poisoning-Get to a VET. Yellow Gums- Liver Problems-Call a VET.
Normal Temperature for a dog: 100-102.5 degrees fahrenheit.
Below 99 & over 104 indiacte that your dog is indeed ill.
REMEMBER THAT YOUR DOGS CANNOT DO A LOT OF THINGS FOR THEMSELVES AND THAT THEY DEPEND ON YOU TO MAKE THEIR LIFE A QUALITY LIFE.
DO NOT SHAVE POMERANIANS because they are double coated. Shaving could ruin their coat forever.
A double coated dog is any dog with a harsh outer coat and a soft undercoat. The soft undercoat is what sheds. These two coats grow independently of one another and to different lengths. The outer coat is longer and grows slower. The undercoat is shorter and grows faster and sheds twice a year. YOU SHOULD NOT SHAVE A DOUBLE COATED DOG SUCH AS A POMERANIAN.
1. The double coated dogs have sensitive skin. Your dog may come home with razor burn, irritated skin and can be sunburned. Their thick hair protects the dog from the sun, bug bites and things it can pick up in the grass. Shaving can cause hot spots, make them lick excessevely and make them miseriable.
2. Shaving the dog does NOT make them shed less. Double coated dogs shed twice a year and that is undercoat. The rest of the time the sheding is normal hair turn over, just like people. Shaving them does not prevent this from happening. It damages the coat. Have your dog groomed on a schedule to remove all the dead undercoat to provide a healthy coat.
3. SHAVING permanently damges the condition of the coat. The under coat is short and dense and the outer coat is longer, glossy and harsher hair. The undercoat is all that is left when you shave a dog and as it grows faster than the outer coat, it takes a very long time for the outer coat to catch up if at all. NOW THERE IS NO OUTER COAT TO PROTECT THE UNDER COAT WHICH BECOMES BRITTLE, BREAKS OFFF AND NO SHINY GLOSSY HAIR ON YOUR DOG. Some dogs never grow the under coat back properly leaving the coat sparse and ugly. It damges the cycle of the hair making shedding time unpredictable.
4. If you do not like hair research before buying. The hair of a dog serves a purpose and is part of the package.
5. The undercoat provides insulation in the winter and cools the dog in the summer. A well groomed dog with no dead undercoat keeps the dog warm in the winter by providing and keeping the skin dry. In the summer it provides a sort of air conditioning system, keeping the dog cool. This means he needs to be not shaved. The dog is not going to be hot with all that hair-its actually keeping the dog cool and protected. If the dog is not shaved or serverly matted, his coat will do the job and keep his temperature regulated.
6. A SHAVED DOG looks bad, the under coat is dull and dense and not visually appealing. A dog in full, beautiful flowing coat is much more attractive. Shaving makes you stand out as a dog owner who is not doing their research or the best thing for their dog.
7. SHAVING is never to the Breed Standard-THE DOUBLE COAT exists for a reason. Be proud of your dog and his glorious coat and how educated you are on why he needs that coat.
8. SHAVING increases the amount of allergers on the dog's skin. Shaving because you are allergic does not make sense. The dander of the dog is what you are allergic to and having it right on the surface is not going to help your allergies. Having the dog groomed will keep up with the dander and the loose dead hair and this will help.
9. I will NEVER shave a dog. A dog cannot tell you that shaving him makes him uncomfortably hot or gives him pain or sunburn but I can and hope to educate as many owners as possible.
Please Note all human drugs are not safe for your dog or puppy. I am not a Veterinarian, always consult with your Veterinarian first. This is a list of some DRUGS that are NOT SAFE:
* Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
* Phenolphthalein (laxative)
* Iron Supplements
* Vitamin D Supplements
* Nebuliser medications (for asthma)
* Coffe and Tea
* Cannabis or other illegal drugs
* Cholesterol Drugs
* Thyroid Drugs-unless directed by a Vet
* ACE Inhibitors
* Birth Control Pills
* Benzodiazepines and Sleep Aids
* ADHD Medication
These drugs can cause serious illness and are potentially fatal. Keep human and dog drugs in different locations. It's easy to grab the wrong bottle if they're next to each other on the shelf.
If you carry drugs in your bag or purse, place it someplace high. If you use a seven-day pill container, store it out of reach. Dogs often think it's a toy.
Do Not assume children's medicine is safe. Species differences are significant enough that medications safe for children can still harm or kill dogs.
Onions, Cheery Stones, Red Berries and Grapes are deadly for dogs causing liver damage and kidney failure.
Also remember Spring can be harmful to your pets with such things as toxic bulbs including tulips, hyacinths, daffodils, certain lilies, crocus and lily of the valley. Harmful fertilizers and ground cover include cocoa mulch, bloodmeal, bonemeal and any fertilizer that contains disulfoton or organophosphates. CALL YOUR VET OR THE POSION PET HELP LINE Canada 888-232-8870 US 855-764-7661.
ESSENTAL OILS THAT ARE TOXIC FOR YOUR PETS:
Red or White Thyme
As a long time Canadian Kennel Club member and breeder I am dedicated to protecting and improving Our Pomeranian Breed by following the CKC breeder code of ethics and common sense in general.
POMERIAN CLUB OF CANADA CODE OF ETHICS
The Pomeranian Club of Canada is dedicated to promoting and perserving the breed through responsible ownership, breeding and training. In order to promote the highest ideals among Pomeranian owners and breeders and to aim for the continuous improvement of the breed within the framework of the CKC Breed Standard, all members of The Pomeraniand Club of Canada agrees to adhere to the following principles:
1. I will follow thr rules of good sportsmanship in all Pomeranian related activities.
2. I will fully explain to all prospective Pomeranian purchasers, the disadvantages as well as the advantages of owning a Pomeranian.
3. I will attempt to help and befriend novice exhibitors and breeders.
4. With love and respect for the Pomeranian, all my dogs will recieve the best care, including regular thorough grooming and proper inoculations.
5. I will keep well informed in the field of genetics and will work persistently to eliminate hereditary defects from the breed.
6. Before considering any breeding, I will analyze the conformation and pedigrees of the prospective sire and dam. With the Breed Standard clearly in mind. I will refuse the mating if in my opinon, it is not in the best interest of the breed.
7. If I breed, I will breed and select healthy family pets and whenever possiblie, I will sell all pets on a CKC Non-Breeding Agreement and/or spay/neuter contracts.
8. I will refuse to deal with dog wholesalers or sell puppies or dogs to pet shops.
9. I agree to abide by the Constitution and By-Laws of The Canadian Kennel Club and the Pomeranian Club of Canada.
10. In signing this pledge and joining the membership of the Pomeranian Club of Canada, I agree to work towards the protection and advanement of the Pomeranian. If at any time I cannot work with the guidelines, I agree to voluntarily relinquish my membership in the Pomeranian Club of Canada.
THE HAND OF A BREEDER....
The hand of a breeder is the hand calm the dog during childbirth...
It is the hand that caresses her belly to calm her during contractions...
A breeders hand is the hand that make the path free to let the pups be born easier.
It is the hand that does not not tremble and is under the blood to help a puppy in trouble.
A breeders hand is the one that tries to revive a puppy but sometimes he has to give up when there is no heart beat.
The hand of a breeder is the hand that cut the umbitical cord when the mother does not...
In addition the hand of the breeder is the one that weighs the puppy every day to see if everything goes well.
A breeders hand is the hand that puts a puppy away closer to the mother while the mother looks at you full of confidence.
The hand that rubs the chest so that milk is activicated.
A breeders hand is the one that rubs his eyes and fights fatigue and sleep after days without falling asleep.
It is the hand that gives milk bottles day and night when ther is very little yield.
A breeders hand is the one brings the lost puppy back to the mother the one who plays with the puppy to socialize the one who teaches the puppy the switch to solid nuitrition.
The hand of a breeder is the hand that takes care of the little ones when it does not go well with them.
The hand of a breeder is the hand you have intrusted to your future puppy in hope hope that it will go well.
The hand of a breeder is the hand that is ready night and day to answer all your questions if you have questions about anything.
For all these and many more other things the next time you shake a breeders hand think of everything that hand has done with love.
This text is not mine but it is so beautiful that I had to share it with all of you.
POMERANIAN AGE CHART
POMERANIAN LIFESPAN IN HUMAN YEARS
POMERANIAN 1 YEAR OLD = HUMAN 15 YEARS OLD
POMERANIAN 5 YEARS OLD = HUMAN 35 YEARS OLD
POMERANIAN 6 YEARS OLD = HUMAN 38 YEARS OLD
POMERANIAN 7 YEARS OLD = HUMAN 42 YEARS OLD
POMERANIAN 8 YEARS OLD = HUMAN 45 YEARS OLD
POMERANIAN 9 YEARS OLD = HUMAN 49 YEARS OLD
POMERANIAN 10 YEARS OLD = HUMAN 52 YEARS OLD
POMERANIAN 11 YEARS OLD = HUMAN 56 YEARS OLD
POMERANIAN 12 YEARS OLD = HUMAN 59 YEARS OLD
POMERANIAN 13 YEARS OLD = HUMAN 63 YEARS OLD
POMERANIAN 14 YEARS OLD = HUMAN 66 YEARS OLD
POMERANIAN 15 YEARS OLD = HUMAN 70 YEARS OLD
POMERANIAN 16 YEARS OLD = HUMAN 74 YEARS OLD
POMERANIAN 17 YEARS OLD = HUMAN 78 YEARS OLD
POMERANIAN 18 YEARS OLD = HUMAN 82 YEARS OLD
POMERANIAN 19 YEARS OLD = HUMAN 86 YEARS OLD
POMERANIAN 20 YEARS OLD = HUMAN 90 YEARS OLD
CAR TEMPERATURE PET SAFETY CHART
OUTSIDE TEMPERATURE INSIDE TEMPERATURE 10 MINUTES INSIDE TEMPERATURE 30 MINUTES
70 89 104
75 94 109
80 99 114
85 104 119
90 109 124
95 114 129
EVEN WITH WINDOWS OPEN DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PET INSIDE YOUR VEHICLE.
HOILDAY SAFETY TIPS FOR PETS
* NEW YEAR'S fun noise-makers can frighten your pet causing the pet to bolt out an open door or window in search of safety. Confetti can be ingested, causing havoc to the digestive tract.
* VALENTINE'D DAY. Some flowers and plants can be toxic to animals. Chocolate contains theoboromine and can cause serious illness and is often fatal to pets.
* EASTER, the colorful Easter "grass", chocolates, tiny Easter toys, plastic items can create havoc to a pet's digestive system.
* ST PATRICK'S DAY. Alcoholic beverages are toxic to our pets.
* HALLOWEEN. Make sure all pets are inside during the night of Halloween, keep your pets away from the doors. Foil wraps on candies can cause internal injuries. Foil wrapped candy can be like a razor as it is swallowed. Keep all candies in a secured place. Candles can be knocked over, spilling hot wax, causing serious burns. Costumes which have rubber bands can be accidently left on pets. The pet could chew off and swallow them, causing chocking or intestinal injuries. The bands can become embedded into the pet's flesh.
* IMPORTANT: Six to eight weeks before Halloween each year is extremely dangerous for all animals, but especially cats.....Please, PLEASE take additioanl precautions to make sure your cats or other pets are safe during this holiday season, especially black cats.
* THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS. Watch hot containers filled with turkey and ham drippings. Tipped containers can cause servere scalding and burns. Do not feed the cooled drippings, it upsets pet's digestive systems. Do not feed even a taste of left over turkey and stuffing-onions can lead to anenia in dogs and fatty rich foods can cause pancreatitis.
* Do Not give your pet large quanities of cooked turkey and ham during the holidays. Poulty bones are dangerous, splintered bones cause pain and sometimes death.
* Lovely bubbling holiday lights are moderate to lethal toxicity, depending on the amount of fluid (methylene chloride) inhaled or ingested.
* Please DO NOT use angel hair (spun glass)- low toxicity; can cause irritation of the eyes, skin and gastrointinal tract. Artifical snow and snow flock also has low toxicity.
* Hang treasured ornaments higher on the Christmas tree. Tinsel is not toxic, but if ingested, intestinal obstruction and choking are potential problems.
* Fireplace colors (fire salts) - moderate toxicity; symptoms are gastrointestinal irritation with vomiting, including convulsions.
* Keep gift ribbons and bows out of sight to prevent chewing and swallowing. Ribbons tied around pets necks can tighted resulting in chocking or they can hang themselves if the ribbon is caught on an object.
* Replace metal ornament hooks with tightly knotted fabric 1/4 inch ribbons, light weight twine or yarn to slip easily over the branches of the tree.
* Keep all pets securley indoors during fireworks displays. The frightening noise and the danger of exploding fireworks are hazardous to your pet.
* Christmas Ivy is moderate to very toxic, all parts of holly - moderate to very toxic especially the berries and leaves; mistieoe - very toxic, all parts especially the berries. Christmas greens such as balsam, juniper, ceder, pine and fir - all parts have a low level of toxicity; hibiscus may cause vomiting or bloodly diarrhea if ingested. Poinsettias, leaves and stems low in toxicity. It is wise to keep plants out of reach of children and pets.
* PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ANY ANIMAL OF ANY AGE AS EASTER OR CHRISTMAS GIFTS. The first weeks of a new life/home for a puppy or sudden change in an adult pet is extremely traumatic for them. You need time, peace and quiet to spend with your new life-time commitment.
*Sweetener XYLITOL in candy, sugar free gum, mints, some brands of toothpaste, certain medications and vitamins, sugar free chocolate, jello, yogurt, puddings baby wipes, lip balm and baked goods can make a mess of a dogs metabolism. XYLITOL IS 100% MORE TOXIC FOR DOGS THAN CHOCOLATE. CALL/TAKE YOUR DOG TO THE VET. PET POISON HELP LINE CANADA 888-232-8870, US 855-764-7661.
The dog's pancreas confuses XYLITOL with real sugar and releases insulin to stop it. The insulin removes real sugar from the bloodstream and the dog becomes weak, has tremers and seizures within 30 minutes of eating it, poor coordination, vomiting/diarrhea, liver failure and death. Some symptoms can also take as much as 8 hours to show up. It only takes a very little amount of XYLITOL to receive a deadly dose. Your dog NEEDS TO HAVE HIS BLOOD SUGAR STABILIZED, HAVE INTREVENAUS FLUIDS AND OTHER THERAPIES TO TREAT THESE SYMPTOMS. DO NOT WAIT CALL A VET. Protect your dog-read ingredients, keep visiting guests purses out of reach. Be aware of household product. Keep all candies out of reach.
THE MOST COMMON SIGNS THAT YOUR DOG IS STRESSED OR IN PAIN. GET ADVICE FROM A VET WHEN YOU SEE ANY OF THIS BEHAVIOR.
* activity increase/decrease
* cries when picked up or shows aggression
* destrutive behaviour
* eyes wide or held shut
* food or water increase/decrease
* inability to respond to cues
* lip licking
*sudden heavy panting
* sweat from pads
*excessive kicking or grooming a part of the body
*behavior changes, your dog may not want ot walk up or down stairs, avoids jumping or chasing after a toy. Clear signs are limping but watch for stiffeness or arched backs. Dogs in pain often lay only flat on their sides rather than curled up in their bed. They may be slower moving or sleep a lot more & become disenterested in things they use to love. Unexpected accidents in the house may mean it is very painful to get up from lying down or painful to walk towards the door or their dish. They cannot tell us so we must be aware of our dogs actions & give responsible care.
*Abnormal swellings that continue to grow
*Sores that never heal
*Loss of appetite
*bleeding or discharge from any opening in the body
*difficulty breathing, urinating and defecating
*difficulty eating or swalling
*loss of stamina or hesitation to exercise
*persistent stiffeness or lameness
Spaying or neutering, feeding quality dog food, regular Vet checks, avoid cigeratte smoke, dangerous houshold cleaners and fumes are ways to help prevent Cancer in dogs.
Roundworm eggs passed in the feces of dogs and cats can cause a disease in humans called Yisceral Larva Migrans (VLM). The eggs are microsscopic and live on the ground in the yard or playground, on the coat of a pet or neighbourhood animal.
If the eggs hatch in someone's intestines, tiny wormlike larvae are released. These can penetrate the walls of the intestines and move throughout the body doing damage to many of the body's organs. Severe infections can result in eye injury, heart or kidney damage, pneumonia or nervous disorder. A mild case may involve muscle aches or diarrhea and cramps, or might have no symptoms at all.
Pain in a particular organ of the body could be the first sign of roundworm infection. The doctor should be told about any contact with pets or animal feces-particularly for children who are in the habit of eating dirt. Once the doctor knows what to look for, a roundworm infestation can be discovered without difficulty and treatment can be prescribed.
Check yard and play areas-make sure they are kept free of animal feces. Sand boxes should be covered when they're not being used. Children should wash their hands after playing with pets. The eggs need to mature in animal feces before they're infectious, so it is important to clean up fresh stool before any eggs can get into the soil. It is important to know that puppies and kittens are much more likely to be infested with roundworms than an adult animals.
PET OWNERS SHOULD TAKE SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS BY:
NOT BUYING FROM A PUPPY MILL
BUY FROM A BREEDER THAT HAS PUPPIES, KITTENS OR ADULTS EXAMINED BY A VETERINARIAN AND SEE THE WRITTEN REPORT SIGNED BY THE VETERINARIAN. A VETERINARIAN WILL EASILY BE ABLE TO DETERMINE IF AN ANIMAL HAS ROUNDWORMS BY CHECKING A FRESH STOOL SAMPLE. IF THE ANIMAL IS INFESTED, A-WORMING DRUG WILL QUICKLY GET RID OF THE PROBLEM.
MAKING SURE YOUR CAT LITTER BOX IS CLEANED OUT REGULARLY. CHILDREN SHOULD BE KEPT AWAY FROM ANY STOOLS. DO NOT LET YOUR PETS LICK FROM YOUR PLATE.
MAKING SURE THAT YOU CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR DOG WHEREVER THEY DO THEIR BUSSINESS.
PETS ARE A GREAT PLEASURE FOR PEOPLE, AND NO ONE SHOULD THINK OF GETTING RID OF AN ANIMAL JUST BECAUSE OF CONCERN ABOUT ROUNDWORMS. HOWEVER, PET OWNERS CAN HELP EVERYONE BY FOLLOWING THESE SIMPLE PROCEDURES.
PLEASE STOP THE PUPPY MILLS BY NOT BUYING FROM A PET STORE. DO YOUR HOMEWORK.....ASK QUESTIONS, ARE THE PARENTS AND PUPPIES HAPPY, HEALTHY AND WELL CARED FOR?
MAKE SURE THE PUPPIES HAVE BEEN VET CHECKED AND HAVE HAD SHOTS, HAVE GOOD COATS AND STABLE TEMPERMENTS.
SEE ALL THE SIGNED PAPERWORK BY THE VET AND MAKE SURE IT MATCHES THE DOG/PUPPY ID NUMBERS.
BUY REGISTERD PUPPIES FROM A REPUTABLE BREEDER.
MAKE SURE THE PARENTS ARE REGISTERED WITH THE CANADIAN KENNEL CLUB
YOU MAY BUY A PUPPY FOR LESS AT A PUPPY MILL BUT SPEND MORE IN VET BILLS AND HEARTACHE.
Also known as BSD ( black skin disease). It is a condition which affects a number of Nordic breeds resulting in hair loss. THIS IS NOT A SICK DOG.
This condition to date has not be found to be under control but research is being done to help prevent this problem. BSD is not painful to the dog. You do not have to have the dog put down. They are still happy, playful, loving, active. and healthy. They do not die from this condition. Understanding people have given them loving homes and their dogs sport many a fine outfit to wear when out with their owners.
Winterhaven has supported the USA and Canada with donations for research to cure this condition in Pomeranians. We are doing our best to produce correct coats in our Pomeranians.
FOR HEALTHY SKIN AND COATS:
CHIA SEEDS-a rich source of B Vitamins, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, protein and zinc and packed with antioxidants.. Chia seeds are gluten free and nourishes skin from the inside out, because of its high levels of Omega-3 help combat chronice skin inflammation. Sprinke on food or mix 1/2 cup of Chia seeds and 2 cups of distilled water. Mix-leave for 10 minutes and serve. You can store in the Frig. and add some each day to their dog food or 3 TBS of Chia seeds with 1 cup Almond Milk, stir,leave for 10 minutes and serve. You can store in rerfrigerator. You can also sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon and serve.
Eggs contain the most bioavailable protein. Gives hair strength and luster. Eggs contain lutein which helps keep skin hydrated and helps in tissue repair. The zinc in eggs supports skin health and shiny hair. Egg yolks are a valuable source of biotin, a B vitaminsometimes referred to as vitamin H or B7 which helps promote healthy skin and coats: hair loss, skin irritation, lesions and fungus can be the result of a biotin deficiency. Biotin/vitamin H can be effective in treating allergic reactions and skin conditions. Eggs contain vitamin A which helps repair cell damage and keeps skin healthy and coats glowing. Organic eggs provide Omega-3s to Omega-6s.
Organic Unsweetened COCONUT or coconut chips sprinkled on their food contains medium-chain saturated fats which are transformed into energy and contain special properties that act as anti-inflammatory agents to decrease bacterial growth, irritation and inflammation in the body. Eating raw coconut can reduce the severity of bacterial and inflammatory skin conditions. Coconut oil in small amounts can also be added to their food.
LIVER OR CHICKEN LIVER cooked-give small amounts to enhance skin health. Nutrients include calcium, phosphorus,magnesium, posassioum, iron, zinc, copper vitamins A B6, B12, C, D, and E, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid and biotin.
WILD SALMON canned or cooked-never raw is best soursce of Omega-3's, supports the skin and coat, provides selenium.
CRANBERRIES treats a variety of ailments from rheumatoid disorders, scurvy and fever to skin wounds and eczema. Contains antioxidant proanthocyanidins, anthocyanins and ellagic acid. Anthocyanins have an anti-inflammatory action, and can help lessen allergic reactions in dogs..
SWEET POTATOES are considered a super food for skin. Contains vitamin A and beta-carotene. A great source of of vitamin E. Sweet potatoes also contain calcium, iron, folate, potassium, copper and thiamine. The vitamin C in sweet potoes helps accelerate healing and support collagen production.
CAROB rich in natural sugars and contains all the principal vitamins and minerals-calcium, phosophorous, iron, potassium, magnesium, sillica, vitamins A<B1, B2, niacin and protein. Requires no preparation, lasts a long time and needs no special storage requirements. Does not contain caffeine and theobromine found in chocolate so it is perfectly safe for dogs. Its vitamin E supports skin health and it has antiviral and antibacterial properties. Carob contains no oxalic acid, so it does not interfere with calcium absorption.
OATS are a strength giving cereal, low in starch and high in mineral content, especially potassium and phosphorus. Oats contain calcium, magnesium, B vitamins and iron. They support healthy skin and hair by supporting your dog's gastrointestinal system and helping remove toxins from the body.
ALWAYS USE IN MODEATION-NEVER OVER FEED YOUR DOG AND LET THEM HAVE EXERCISE AND ALWAYS FRESH WATER.
BE SAFE WITH YOUR DOGS IN THE SUN
Walk in early morning and eve. If your dog slows down, let them rest in a shaded area. Cool a dog by pouring water on their neck, pads of feet and belly before continuing the walk.
Make sure they have somewhere cool to sit and cool water NOT ICE WATER to drink. Cool wet cloths on paws and around the head can help cool down a dog.
SIGNS OF HEAT STROKE:
Excessive panting, darker or bright red tongue and gums, sticky or dry tongue and gums. Staggering, seizures, bloodly diarrhea or vomiting and rapid heart beat. I am not a Veterinarian and this is not intended as a substitute for veterinary care. CALL YOUR VET. Dogs die regularly from poorly handled heat problems. DON'T GUESS.
Your dog/horse/cat/gerbil/our thermostat is at the base of the head. So cooling the back of the head is a critical area. Your five point cooling chart is back of the head, underbelly, inside of the front legs, especially the armpit; inside of the hind legs, especially the groin-and if more severe, spine and rectum. Spraying or wiping down the belly and inside of the legs is important. Use Alcohol especially fro those who have humidity added to the heat, add 1/4 cup isopropyl to a large bowl of cool, NOT COLD WATER, and use a washcloth to wipe down those areas. Dilute if you use around the rectum. Avoid extremes of temperature if you have to cool an overheated dog these can cause shock and catapult a dog into crises. USE COOL WATER, NOT COLD. TEPID IS GOOD.
Soaking down a heavy coated dog can put them into heat crises. If that coat mats down-especially in HUMID areas, you have just created a thick matted blanket trapping heat in. If you have to soak a really heavy coated dog , large or small -you need to fluff that coat back out. If you don't have a doggy forced air dryer, put your hair dryer on cold and blow out especially the area all along the spine and back of the head.
Keep your dog groomed and get the old undercoat out for the dogs ability to cool. Hot spots can occur in less than 12 hours if hair matts down and traps heat close to the skin. Potential hot spots are the neck under collars, butt/rump area, below the rectum in thick feathers of coated dogs and between toes. Check those collars-make sure air can flow.
Buy a Thermometer and learn how to use it. Pups have a higher temp. than adult dogs and heat up faster. Seniors may have problems with heat dispersal for a variety of aging reasons. When in doubt, CALL YOUR VET.
THE RAINBOW BRIDGE
There is a bridge contecting heaven and earth.
It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors
Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with rich green grass.
When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm Spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.
There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth. So each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly looks up! The nose twiches! The ears are up! The eyes are staring! And this one suddenly runs from the group!
You have been seen and when you and your special friend meet, you will take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face will be kissed again and again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be seperated